For its size, Las Vegas has an above-average size fleet of wheelchair taxis which can accommodate both manual and powered wheelchairs. The accessible taxi vans have a lowered floor and are equipped for rear (lift gate) entry. Unlike in other cities, wheelchair taxis can be ordered on demand and typically arrive within 15-20 minutes, if not sooner, in Las Vegas.
Yellow Checker Star Taxi Cab
(702) 873-2000 — 24-hour dispatch
(702) 477-7555 — 24-hour dispatch
(702) 386-9102 — 24-hour dispatch
In 2020, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the City of Las Vegas approved the following flat rate cab rides for fares between the airport and the Las Vegas Strip (and vice versa):
- Zone 1 — Sunet Rd. north to Tropicana — $19 flat fate
- Alexis Park, Delano, Desert Rose Resort, Excalibur, Four Seasons, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, Luxor, Mandalay Bay, MGM Grand, Motel 6 Tropicana, OYO, Tropicana, Virgin Hotels
- Zone 2 — Tropicana north to Flamingo — $23 flat fate
- Aria, Bally’s, Bellagio, Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations, Jet Luxury at The Signature Hotel, Marriott’s Grand Chateau, New York New York, Paris, Park MGM, Planet Hollywood, Polo Towers, The Cosmopolitan, The Orleans, The Signature, Travelodge by Wyndham, Vdara
- Zone 3 — Flamingo north to The STRAT — $27 flat fate
- Artisan, Caesars Palace, Circus Circus, Courtyard by Marriott Convention Center, Embassy Suites by Hilton Convention Center, Encore, Flamingo, Gold Coast, Harrah’s, Hilton Grand Vacations, Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas Marriott, Palace Station, Palms, Resorts World, Residence Inn by Marriott Convention Center, Rio, Sahara, SpringHill Suites, The LINQ, The Mirage, The Palazzo, The STRAT, The Venetian, The Westin, Treasure Island, Trump International, Westgate, Wynn
For trips outside of the flat rate zone, the following city-approved fares will apply:
Flag Drop — $3.30
Per mile — $2.60
Waiting time (per 24 seconds) — $0.20
Airport surcharge — $1.80
Note that, when paying with a credit card, an additional surcharge of $3.00 will apply, whether taking a flat rate trip or a metered ride.
On metered trips, the taxi driver should not start the meter until after the wheelchair user has been secured and the vehicle is prepared to move.
Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS) is only three miles from the Vegas Strip, so a taxi from the airport will be economical and faster than the use of public transportation.
Need group or bus transportation? Consider the Las Vegas Charter Bus Company, whose courteous reservation agents are available to answer all your questions and meet your last-minute group transportation needs using their modern fleet.
Las Vegas Charter Bus Company