Before I took my first flight as a wheelchair user, I spent hours searching the internet for answers to all of my questions. One of the main reasons I started this blog was to put all of those answers online, so that they would be easy for others to find. As a disabled traveler who has now taken more than 300 flights with my power wheelchair, I have dealt with just about every problem you could imagine. Still, I have a passion for flight and I have kept at it to open both my world and yours.
I have arranged this air travel guide to follow the timeline or "ribbon" of travel. It answers questions about the air travel process from booking to baggage claim. Read through each of the sections, and you'll be properly prepared to begin your journey.
Planning & Booking
At the Airport
Onboard the Plane
Related Blog Posts
The following posts have appeared on my blog, and are related to air travel. The most relevant, general air travel information has been taken from these posts and included in the articles listed above.
- Wheelchair Travel in Garuda Indonesia Business Class, London to Amsterdam
- Barriers to Equal Access for Disabled Remain in Air Travel, After 30 Years of DOT Inaction
- Guest Post: The Challenges Of Traveling By Air With Multiple Sclerosis
- Flying With A Power Wheelchair: How to Prevent Damage
- Medical Emergency On An Airplane? Here's What To Expect
- First Look: KLM Boeing 787 Inaugural Flight to Abu Dhabi and Bahrain
- 3 Takeaways from United Airlines' Disability Services Failure
- Pursuing the Dream(liner): KLM's Inaugural Boeing 787 Flight
- First Class for the Wheelchair Traveler: Luxury or Necessity?
- Guest Post: Why Airlines Must Adopt This Aisle Chair Replacement
- Guest Post: Wheelchair Assistance For My Parents On All Nippon Airways
- Does the "Delta Difference" Extend To Travelers With Disabilities?
- An Experience With Wheelchair Assistance On Kenya Airways
- Can A Wheelchair Pull A Boeing 757?