This post contains affiliate links from some of my advertising partners. I may receive a small commission on purchases, at no additional cost to you. While you don’t have to use these links, I appreciate your support of my blog when you do. You can read my advertising disclosure here.
For travelers with disabilities visiting Lithuania, there are a number of wheelchair accessible hotel rooms in Vilnius. Although I have personally stayed in only a single Vilnius hotel, I’ve detailed that accommodation here and have also included a list of other hotels that advertise wheelchair accessible hotel rooms across a variety of price points.
Holiday Inn Vilnius
The Holiday Inn Vilnius hotel, located steps from downtown Vilnius, offers wheelchair accessible accommodation to guests with disabilities. It is an affordable hotel that is part of the IHG Hotels group.
The guest room was spacious. There was enough room on both sides of the double bed to accommodate my power wheelchair.
A desk and flat screen TV was placed opposite the foot of the bed, and a shelving unit by the guest room door contained a minibar and open closet space with a lowered clothing rod for accessibility.
The bathroom featured a number of accessibility features including a roll under sink and toilet with folding grab bars. The roll-in shower had a built-in seat and handheld showerhead, however both of the grab bars were vertical. I managed to use the shower, but would have preferred horizontal grab bars for safety and stability.
To research room rates or to make a reservation, visit the Holiday Inn Vilnius website.
5 additional wheelchair accessible hotels in Vilnius to consider
The Holiday Inn isn’t the only option for an accessible Vilnius hotel room — The following hotels advertise wheelchair accessible guest rooms and offer convenient access to the city’s attractions. Each property is worth considering and I have provided photos if available, but do not hesitate to contact the property to verify that its accessibility features will meet your specific needs.
- Courtyard by Marriott Vilnius City Center — Modern hotel with roll-in shower, roll-under sink and toilet with grab bars located less than half a kilometer from the Vilnius Old Town.
- Crowne Plaza Vilnius, an IHG Hotel — Located near the expansive Vingis public park, the hotel offers two accessible guest rooms with a queen bed, bookable through its website.
- Hilton Garden Inn Vilnius City Centre — Located steps from Pineto Regional Park, the Courtyard hotel offers multiple accessible rooms with a variety of bed types.
- ibis Styles Vilnius — This airport hotel is close to the airport and offers an accessible hotel room with a double bed.
- ibis Vilnius Centre — This affordable hotel is near the Old Town and features accessible guest rooms with a double bed, roll-in shower, toilet with grab bars and more.
Have we missed one? If you have visited Vilnius and have a hotel that you would recommend to travelers with disabilities, please share your experience in the comments below!